The Christian Difference
Seventh-day Adventist Christian education places Christ in the center of each student’s education. Every subject is taught as it relates to God. The humanistic approach of public education – that man and his achievements in science and materialism are the ultimate – are replaced in the Christian class by the infusion of Biblical understanding into every aspect of the day as well as the conviction that God knows all, is above all, and is in all. In addition, Christian Education seeks to teach each child both moral and individual responsibility.
A Message from the Principal
Our commitment at Captain Gilmer Christian School (CGCS) is and always has been to provide a safe and intellectually challenging environment that will empower students to become innovative thinkers, creative problem solvers, and inspired learners prepared to thrive and lead others to Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
High standards and expectations for each student in regard to academic performance and responsible citizenship of Christ’s kingdom are the foundation of our school. It is with humility that we hold these high standards and ask each of our students to pledge to maintain the extraordinary record of achievement, Christ-focus, and involvement that has been the legacy of Captain Gilmer’s students.
The contributions of our families and students to our school community make Captain Gilmer an exceptional place to be. This partnership supports our endeavors to put Christ first and lead students by:
- Creating opportunities for academic risk-taking, collaboration, problem-solving, and application of classroom learning to real life situations through a variety of ways;
- Implement strategies that promote ownership of learning to students;
- Design curriculum to incorporate a variety of innovative resources to enrich learning;
- Establish ongoing professional development in order to increase the excellence of teaching;
- Collaborate with other educators to share best practices and improve student’s performance.
At CGCS successful students:
- Communicate well and consistently in all situations;
- Express excellence through comprehension, interpretation, and evaluation in written and oral form;
- Utilize critical and creative thinking skills to solve problems;
- Ask questions, examine possibilities, and apply skills to find viable solutions;
- Make positive choices followed by positive actions;
- Contribute to the school community in a cooperative and respectful manner.
In conclusion, I wish you all a wonderful school year. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and know that my door is always open.
I am honored to serve as your principal.
Captain Gilmer Christian School
“Be strong and of good courage: be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.”